There's no better celebration of any season than the decorated tree adorned with the rich symbolism of nature—my ritual to inform and inspire you in the journey called life.



Monday, August 17, 2009

the decorated tree (of life) | a modern ritual


Click on image to enlarge the view.
THIS BLOG WILL  be about the little things that give me great pleasure and decorate the tree (of life), both physically and metaphorically. To the physical end, it will be about my dream of having a book published with the working title: the decorated tree | a modern ritual. It's all about my obsession with the holiday tree (not just Christmas) and the custom of decorating one. To the metaphorical end . . . well, I'm still trying to figure all that out. How do I combine the words I put together here with the images I am making in sorting through the ephemera of my life? I have an incessant (and obsessive) need to collect and combine things to make something beautiful to feather my nest. I think it all started at an early age, but really took off when I started selecting props and photo styling in the photography studio at Cooking Light magazine (where I worked as assistant art director for eight years, from 1986-1994).

DREAM-INDUCED | (Above) A mock-up of the cover of my book in its waking moment.

©2009 DARRYL MOLAND | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
collecting and styling by Darryl Moland

photography by Harold Daniels

1 comment:

  1. Darryl,

    Your blog is as amazing as you are. You are as talented as a writer as you are an artist. You are already wealthy whether you know it or not.

    Q

    ReplyDelete